Friday, May 21, 2010

Pink-Brown-White Baby Quilt for a "BOY"

Amy's Creative Side is having it's 3rd Blogger Quilt Festival.  And I enjoy it so much.  It is a wonderful quilt show.  And the best talented quilters.  The link button is off to the right.  Check it out...!!


Now my sister asked me to make a Pink, Brown and White Baby quilt.  It is for her niece, on her DH's side.  The baby shower was with those colors.  Nice things, the baby cloths, burp cloths, everything in those colors.  She had all those test done, that tells you if it is a boy or girl.  And all of them was "Girl".   It was easy for me to come up with a string quilt for the baby in Pink's.  My own GGD's quilt I made was a pink string quilt.   Here's my GGD's String Quilt.




So I had plenty of left over strings from this quilt.  And what a way to use up my scraps.  A pink baby quilt.  So I made a Star quilt with all the left over strings.  You know, I still have a lot of left over strings scraps.  Think they just multiply in my scrap bins.    And here is the baby quilt I made.                       




On this picture the binding still needed to sewn down.  But yes, here is the Pink, Brown and white baby quilt.  Then my sister called me on Monday morning, and told me that her niece had the baby.  And it was a boy.  Yes, a boy...!!     So off to the drawing board, and I am making a baby boy quilt this week.   I am thinking of Blues, Greens and Yellow's for him.  Have to see what I have.  Or this could be a good excuse to just go shopping....Hmmmm!!  I do need some new fabric....Hmmm.   See what is new in the baby section's.  Well that is my Pink - Brown - White quilt for a boy story.   And I told my sister that he still should get the quilt.  Because that is part of his story.   He can say....Yes, I was supposed to be a Girl..!! 

21 comments:

  1. Funny story I guess everyone will like the pink quilt. it is super

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the second one, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! Wonderful-wonderful QUILT!
    I really like it, and just love the binding!
    :)
    greetings from faraway Cyprus,
    Valentina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone can love pink!!

    margaret
    www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the story!! Remember only the tough men wear pink! Famous saying were I'm from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your string quilt star quilt!LOL, reminds me of Johnny Cash's song "A Boy Named Sue!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of those string quilts are simply gorgeous. :-) A cousin of mine is due this summer and her baby is supposed to be a boy. After reading your story, I'm glad the baby quilt I made is appropriate for either one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them both, it's inspiring me to dig into my scrap stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pink quilts are so pretty. I want to do a string quilt. Its on my quilt list:0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've kind of wondered about those tests! Now I know they're not ALWAYS right. I love both quilts! lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a funny story. I love the giant star!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the string star! Awesome quilt! Sew On!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilt and fun story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats funny! What a shame that you had to make such a gorgeous quilt ; )
    Those are the kinda "mistakes" that you gotta love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love both pink quilts, but that star is stunning. really like the black border and the binding--goes so well. the little boy's quilt will be just a great, i'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you used string blocks to make a star. It is very striking. It would be great for a baby girl. Do you know anyone else expecting a baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty quilt, and funny story.Thanks for sharing,Amy

    ReplyDelete